Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mom Jeans

My last pair of non-fashionable blue jeans, the kind with an elastic waist, gave up the ghost a few months ago. I had been searching for a replacement for some time at the usual haunts: Macy's, K-Mart and - ugh- Walmart. No one seemed to carry them any more.I prefer jeans to other kinds of slacks, or as my Brit friend Helen calls thenm "trousers." I have other pants, cotton knit and corduroy, for instnace. What I like about denim, however, is that you can swipe your wet hands over them without fear of destroying the fabric. Jeans are work worthy clothing. I don't care if they are in fashion or out of fashion so long as they are made from that sturdy denim and fit reasonably well. I have no waistline anymore.My butt looks large no matter what I'm wearing. Saturday I persuaded Sally to take me shopping at Walmart, mainly because groceries are just getting so expensive these days. I relaize that I am being un-American, but the budget can only stretch so far and the big store has good produce and good meat and I knew I could save almost half of what I have beebn spending. On the way to the grocery part of the huge place, I ambled through the women's department, and lo! and behold! there were the very jeans for which I had been searching.They had y size (noine of yer bidness) and I bought two pairs. They should ladst at least as long as I do. NOTE: Nancy from Near Philadelphia solved my picture problem handily, for which I thank her profusely.

1 comment:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

and they'll be so nice with your leopard undies . . . .