Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Positive Addiction Outcome

There is nothing quite so wonderful as receiving a surprise package in the mail. Today the UPS truck stopped and left a mysterious box on my front porch. There's no birthday looming for any inhabitants here and I didn't think anyone had ordered anything. Most of the packages that arrive here are usually some stranged masonry gadget that John needs for his work. When I picked it up, I saw that it was addressed to me and that it was from the Quilting Addict near Philadelphia.


I am a package tear-into-er,so it wasn't long before I discovered that it was a gorgeous quilt, made from William Morris fabrics in subtle shades of green, with touches of pale yellow, dark rose and tan.The fabric is full of those lovely little flowers and leaves that Morris designed so many years ago.
The photo above doesn't do it justice, but it is a real treasure and I keep looking at it and being grateful that I have a thoughtful friend who is addicted to making people happy with her work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

(blush)

Yosustah said...

It is so complicated to leave a comment but I persevered! I love the Kent Kapersll. Intelligent, insightful, well-written, topical, thoughtful comments from the viewpoint of a mature, seasoned geezerette.