Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blowing My Own Horn

Some unsolicited comments about "May: A New England Childhood." (You may pick up that one of them is from a relative.)

"I received my copy of your book .... love it! I couldn't be more pleased! Congratulations on publishing a beautiful book -- you are very talented!"

"I looked through it last night and will have to make 16 more passes through the book to get every last detail. I LLLLLOOOVVVVVVEEEEE the very last page sentiment (won't spoil it for those who haven't read it.)
What I am particularly enjoying is the detail in the painting and how your mom captures all different sorts of surfaces, textures, the details she chose to put in, the difficulty in drawing the porch railings.... the effort and intense amount of great talent that went into each illustration is really breathtaking. It is an Opus."

"I received my copy of your book yesterday and I love it! I was telling Mom and Jane I can almost hear grandmother talking - great job! Thank-you so much for doing this- the book is something I will treasure. I love your illustrations and it is so much fun to try to picture what life was like for grandmother.

I think it would make a fine Mother's Day gift.


No comments: