Monday, February 7, 2011

Hibernation

Snowed again today. What is this, Siberia? Under that snow is ice. Under that ice is tundra. Ivan Ivanovich is digging in the snow, hoping to find a few potatoes to stave off starvation. Anna Karenina is weeping and planning to throw herself under a train, if there's one handy. The sky is gray. A lot of the snow on the ground is gray. It is early in February. There is no end in sight.

I have decided to hibernate. Ice is hazardous to geezers. There is no need to go out. I have U-Verse TV and TCM is doing their annual 31 days of Oscar. I have already recorded a ton of fine old movies to watch. I have a number of books stacked up by my throne. The furnace is working. So I shall hibernate until there is some hope of real sunshine, not reflected off snow. Bears are smart and they don't even have TV or books with which to pass the time, so they sleep a lot.

I may do that , too.

2 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Want to piece some half-square triangles?

pouscerm: a bean-shaped feline vitamin

Expat Hausfrau said...

I hate to say it, but it's sunny and close to 60 degrees here in Bavaria. The snow will return this weekend, however. (Love the illustration!)